Retinal Scan...Searching...

Retinal Scan...Searching...
TO CONTINUE, PLACE YOUR EYE HERE [2.54cm]...click the EYE

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Recently...What Came Before The Rapture



According to my horoscope, the stars are favorable to me. And those that aren't, I'm sending the Klingons after 'em. Q'pla!


I laugh in the face of adversity! ...then she slapped me.

WagnerWrites
We're about to revamp a nonprofit's website, so I appreciated seeing this today via BlogAid. Consider watching the original video (linked in this note). Even somebody who is 26 prefers larger fonts (14 pt or 16 pt) and other design elements to improve readability on websites. [see more here]

Lori Randall Stradtman via Mari Smith
‎"Your phone will be your wallet," says Google... Umm... Not so sure over here!! What about you?

Carmie Gimalay Esguerra  Integrity doesn't mean you are right all the time,but rather, man enough to admit when you aren't.
Rodney Rivera I may not always be right. But I'm never wrong.

Fox cancellations bewildering. Fox still ranks higher than NBC!
James Jimbo Denny
They cancel a great show like Chaos and FX comes up with Wilfred. What is our world turning into?                                                                             Tuesday at 12:09am

Claire Wagner  I assume you all heard that the Rapture has been rescheduled to October. I would like to make a joke, but I will refrain.                                                         Tuesday at 11:43am

Rodney Rivera The Rapture came to pass. It happened while we slept. We, left here on Earth, are waiting for the actual Judgement Day on October 11. This is the Tribulation period.


Networking and Pyramid schemes…what is the difference?
Part of an interview “How many friends do you have on FaceBook?” It IS the subtle way of saying ‘how many friends can you convert into customers?’ Entrepreneurs have been said to have made thousands by being an agent that sells anything fro...m bottled pomegranate formula to life-time memberships for legal aid. Making sales as well as searching for potential recruits. The days of ‘door-to-door’ are going to the viral ‘post to all friends if you Like it’ technique.  Monday at 11:04pm


WARNING Not for the younger than those allowed on FB.Profanity and non'PC' words that should not be posted in any media. Not just TV.   Had to say after reading this POS. Oh, and should textonese be included? WTF UYA GTH GFY SOB mofo?The worst thing on TV was "Up your nose with a rubber hose" Vinnie B                                                                                                Monday at 8:58pm


I told my son "Every person you talk to, you are the salesman. You don't need to sell a product. Not even an idea. You are selling yourself! You are telling them that every word you say is important and worth keeping. Even spreading around."  Monday at 5:13pm








Rodney Rivera likes the button "I Don't Need No Steenkin' Button"   Monday at 1:50pm


WagnerWrites I hate being redundant. I got the Synonym Finder in high school and still use it. What dictionaries do you use, online or offline? I've heard complaints about dictionary.com--have you noticed any problems?                                                                  Added May 23
Rodney Rivera
I/personal pronoun/sjgnifying self in the singular






used to/previously/at a different time and place/no longer
carry around/physicsally transport/conceal upon ones self
a Roget's Thesaurus/book of synonyms/crosswords hints!     
Monday at 6:33pm

WagnerWrites
Has anyone "liked" any pages (especially from major brands) that don't allow comments? Looks like Facebook frowns on those that don't like two-way communication. Facebook Requiring Pages To Enable User Comments
Rodney Rivera Companies don't want negative publicity, even in the form of a comment. Which could spread faster than an admin monitor could catch and remove.              Monday at 5:05pm 


Imagine the shock and grief. Seriously. "I Don't Understand": How Rapture Believers Are Taking It   Monday at 8:15am
Rodney Rivera At least they didn't commit suicide while waiting for a comet to pick them up.Monday at 1:03pm 


Rodney Rivera wrote on Doctor Who's Wall- What is the title of the tune playing in the TARDIS at the beginning? when Rory was throwing darts.                       May 22 at 11:58am
L.I.N.D.A. Long (Distance) Investigatin' N' Doctor Whoin' Agency responded MUSE Super Massive Black Hole, from the Black Holes and Revelations album   May 22 at 12:21pm
Rodney Rivera Oh, the wiggly lever! Thanks Alex and LINDA!


It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3kg. The length of a penis is 3 times the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster then a man's. Women blink 2x as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand. A woman has read this entire post. A man is still looking at his thumb. 
Re-post if this made you smile:)                                                  May 22 at 4:01am


Since we survived May 21, let's see what defenses we have against extraterrestrials. Established 1970.  UFO - Identified (1)  May 22 at 1:20am


Magnitude 3.6) - near Pinole Park, about 6 miles deep SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA  May 21 at 7:44pm  Earthquake was it? I thought it was some big-ass mouse running through the wall! Hmmm 6pm non-daylight saving time. Beam me up NOW!   May 21 at 7:10pm


American Idol: Where Are They Now?  Actually country singers are more flexible than any other type. They can do rock or pop. Any others tend to stay in their own genre. And that is what AI was all about. Can you put your style into any song we give you? Look at Underwood.  May 20 at 11:05am






Wow! No American Idol posts! I guess everyone jumped ship.   May 19 at 11:46pm
Finally something useful in the news! CDC EPR | Social Media | Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse - Blog                                                                                         May 19 at 11:46pm                                                  Rodney Rivera I thought this was a hoax. It turns out that it is the CDC's humorous way of pointing out the need for preparedness for ANY emergency.          May 20 at 10:14am
I like pictures. Charts, infographics, interactive interfaces. I am not strong in the language of Economese, so visual tools help.
Heard it on the radio...
Would you have sex every day for 30 days if it guarantees you will lose 30 pounds?
"WHAT! Are you saying I look 30 pounds too heavy?!?"   
May 19 at 4:12pm
Tip calculator= Whaterver you paid for tax.
Why tip someone who gets paid like every other worker? Why is gratuity automatically added to your bill on parties? Why does an hour lunch or even a happy hour cost more than an hour of work?      
James Jimbo Denny Most wait staff make around $4 an hour and depend on tips to make a living.   Rodney Rivera I really do understand that, so the system has to change. I feel the kitchen staff deserve something too, because it's them I sometimes wish to congratulate for a great meal. As for managers, well I can't relate to them.                                               May 19 at 2:06am
Lynne DeBortoli Rose   Biology is going to be the death of me.            May 18 at 2:18am
Rodney Rivera Umm biology will be the death of us, unless it is accidental.
One DNA leers at another "You have nice jeans."
The other answers "You are so
twisted!"                                            
May 19 at 1:58am


In weather news, all I need is the temperature in her...the west. Part of my new News source.


Ariel named to head the next office for covert assault operations.  May 17 at 11:44pm

We are closing schools, hospitals, firehouses, and regional parks due to budget cuts. We are continuing prisons, parking revenues, and licensed marijuana sales to keep the public safe and happy. Thank you for your cooperation.                                   May 17 at 10:57pm
This doesn't help for Pacific-Asians some of whose native ancestors were forced to pick Espana names. Do I have a line that goes back to Charlemagne? Am I actually 5,956,846th in line to the Commonwealth Crown?                                                         May 17 at 1:38am
Miracles are real. But remember "For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." The real miracle here was that he had the heart attack to change his faith, not that he 'came back.'                                                                                     May 17 at 2:35am
A lot of us post political messages on Facebook. I know that's different than advertising, but what do you think of this point of view?    May 16 at 5:54pm
I found this on FB. It reminded me that churches are also like people, seeking to spread their Word out to as many people as possible; to get as many Likes as possible.
"If you'd come today
You could have reached the whole nation
Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication"                   
May 16 at 5:32pm
Do you work for a living? Do you manage anybody? Throw out your company's HR manual and try this one!   May 16 at 7:10pm
Rodney Rivera likes 5.When you go above and beyond, don’t ask for a parade. It totally wipes out the really great thing you just did.
Remember HR means 'humans as a [disposable] resource' NOT as help for employees.
'
To connect to HR please provide your LUX ID number, last four numbers of your socio, next of kin, and most convenient day to fire you'                                 
May 16 at 8:21pm
There was a time when puting words never said onto a person was considered illegal. Oh to go back to those non-backstabbing days! Seriously though, IF Z did say it this way, he would be in line with Trump. Z has virtual realty.   re  May 16 at 2:22pm post by Claire
Donald Trump to skip 2012 presidential race  
The most interesting man in the world's son.  May 15 at 1:48pm ·
Duke: You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out.

Paulie: I had that problem.        
Rodney Rivera   Gonna build my strength up. I'll take it slow :)       May 15 at 1:29pm
Who likes the new name of the Coliseum? Just call it "O.co" for short    May 14 at 2:57pm
If I make jokes or comments on FB about Alzheimers, ADD, obesity, heart or any other conditions, does that make me a bad person? Even if I know someone with it? living or now dead? I ask all of you for comments, not just some silly survey.                         May 13 at 9:46pm
I have been banned from St Mary's Cathedral for yelling "Hey Abbott!"
Math is supposed to be an exact science, having only one right answer to any given problem. Lou is an exception.  And what is one of the Stooges doing here?    May 13 at 5:58pm
Quote got your tongue? This tool goes where your memory can't, or won't.    May 13 at 3:58pm                Rodney Rivera This an explanation of one activity I have on FB; someone posts a quote. I post a quote that either opposes it or makes humor of it. The ones I invent I put in 'half quotation marks.'                  Another activity is, someone says a word that reminds me ...of a phrase in a song. I search for it in YouTube. Then I post it. [note: contrary to popular belief, I have never seen any mental care professional, so I never played word association games] Sometimes I hear part of a song and can't quite remember it, but can't get it out of my head. Difficult are the ones that have no words. Manama was one such. I wiki'd that one!                There is a flaw in my logic sometimes though. For example, I thought Bonnie Tyler's song was tited "Turn Around." [Total Eclipse Of The Heart]            Some people like Yahoo Answers and Bing. Personally, I don't.
"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are"                         May 13 at 3:33am
I would like to thank everyone for their support. If not for your comments, I would still be at MySpace and Friendster.            May 12 at 9:23am ·
‎"Secondhand smoke is dangerous. You should always light your own cigarettes."
Seriously, Smoke like radioisotopes and dead skin will find itself in everyone elses lungs.           
May 12 at 9:00am
r those who know Grand Lake Theater and Oaklanders views on politics, local and national.

 [ Interlude ]
Clarification: I don't get news from FB. It is just a medium with which friends can bring it to my attention and send a link to a source. Nothing 'comes from' FB!

BREAKING: Former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, wife Maria Shriver seperate after 25 years of marriage                                                                                           May 9 at 8:46pm
‎'Living apart' is just another status to add. Just like 'marraige is worth the paper you wipe each others' ass with.' In their case it is just a matter of political and professional differences, as well as a completely different set of backgrounds. Or maybe it's just his saying "I'll be balk" once too often.                                      May 9 at 10:23pm
Again, for me, this is another celebrity SO WHAT! Tabloid entertainment at 11. And again tomorrow. And again, and again...                                                                  May 17 at 11:11pm

I cracked up when I heard this! Reminds me of dancing until the lights go on at 2am...
I hope you don’t take this the wrong way
Girl you look better with the lights off,
Better with the lights off ooh                                                       
May 7 at 11:07pm


Home from celebrating Amariee's birthday. About 50 ppl, $5 a car [no in-and-out]. no reservations. 7+ tables, double bbq pits.                                                        May 7 at 8:14pm

Profiting from new Smartmeters, fine. Charging customers for 'loss of profit' from old meters to be disposed of, WTF! btw I am not letting that slot machine onto the house! May 5 at 10:42pm


was here.
Girl-watching in Berkeley. Because in Oakland it is...illegal.                          May 5 at 10:24pm

What does $ 4 get me? To and from anywhere in Oakland Berkeley area by AC Transit [which I did today] or using nearly a gallon of gas [parking not included]. A 'good' burger or coffee, a box of cereal or a gallon of milk for it, 20 oz beer at a sit-down or 16 percent gratuity for $25.
Most of these were $ 1 in the early 1970s!                                                         
May 5 at 8:34pm


Item: Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day. In some regions in Mexico and throughout the US, it is a celebration of pride and democracy. So politely, Filipinos, Nicarqaguans, South Americans, and the Spanish will not be amused if you greet them "Viva le mejico"
                                                                                                                                May 5 at 2:46pm


Space. The final frontier. These are...wait. That's a different franchise.
Happy Star Wars Day...May the Fourth be with you!
(didn't they play this musuc at the Royal Wedding?)                                         
May 4 at 9:30am


...likes Dr Thirteen [Olivia Wilde] on House.
House- "Your highschool boyfriend who dumped you leaving you unable to believe that anyone can rekindle an old flame."
Thirteen- "He dumped me after I hooked up with his sister."                            
May 3 at 12:17am


The sun is out, and so am I. The sun is bright, and so am I. The sun loves everyone...well 2 out of 3 aint bad.


Beware of any link that directs you to the question 3+2=
It will ask you to sign up for silly games to continue. This is another FB sponsored marketing ploy. I answered 6 by the way, then deleted the resulting post.



I fall asleep for 2 hours, and the timeline ha changed. CNN                                 May 1 at 9:46pm
Finally! The military's HALO and other video game training sees results!
Neighbors will probably be interviewed, “He was such a nice man. Very quiet. We had no idea.”


-------------------------------- and finally, a movie review...
  Thor (2011)

Clips and my favorite memorable quotes…SPOILERS...

 “You are unworthy of your title, and I'll take from you your power! In the name of my father, and his father before him, I cast you out!“ Odin


 “What! He was freaking me out!” Darcy


 “He said it was, Thor?” Jane Foster


“This drink... I like it! More!” Thor tasting coffee for the first time. Smashes empty cup to the floor.

"This is going on FaceBook. Smile!” Darcy :)   I like her!

Stan Lee does make a short cameo in the film. He is the truck driver whose flat bed is ripped off at the location of where Thor's hammer lands on Earth.


 “You’re big. Thor’s bigger.”
“You better call it Coulson, cause I'm starting to root for this guy.”…“Do you want me to take him 
down or would you rather send in more guys for him to beat up?” Clint Barton/Hawkeye

“We've got Xena, Jackie Chan, and Robin Hood.”

The facial expression of Lady Sif seeing Thor through the glass door looked like Mrs Conehead haha!


 "Is that one of Stark's?" to which he replies, "I dunno. That guy never tells me anything." “Hello. You are in possession of unregistered weapons technology. Identify yourself.” Shield Agent-in Charge

At the end of the credits, Selvig meets with Nick Fury in a hidden location. Fury shows him the Tesseract/Cosmic Cube that Red Skull (Hugo Weaving) is searching for in Captain America: The First Avenger set in WWII (out this Summer) and says it represents power. Fury compliments Selvig's intelligence and asks him to help study the Cube. As the view pans to a nearby mirror, Loki is shown in the reflection, observing the cube; when Fury says the Cube can be an unlimited source of power, Loki says, "Well, I guess that's worth a look." Selvig then says the same to Fury.
Of course Loki survives! His manipulations is what brings the Avengers together.








No comments:

Post a Comment